Friday, February 26, 2010
New Projects!
Yay! I happened to notice a garage sale a couple blocks from my house as I was driving Craig to a birthday party. I decided to drive by and saw a coffee table holding up a bunch of clothes. I asked if the table was for sale, assuming it wasn't, and to my suprise the lady putting on the garage sale said it would be $5. I know it's customary to bargain at garage sales, but this seemed unreasonably cheap, so I just said, "ok." The lady running the garage sale spoke to her sister (in Spanish, so I was conveniently able to eavsdrop!) and decided to offer me the other matching 2 side tables for a total of $15 for the trio. I immediately agreed, and while they were getting the 2 other sides from inside the house I asked about a very large piece of burgundy fabric and was told it was $5, which again was a great deal, but I decided to pass. So feeling thrilled with getting 3 tables for $15 I tried to put them in my car. They didn't fit really well, so the garage sale ladies loaded them up into their car and followed me to my house (2 blocks away). Now I'm new to garage sales, but I don't think this is normal - for $15 I didn't expect delivery! And that's not even all I got! They decided to throw in the piece of fabric as a gift to me! So here are the tables (I have 2 of the smaller side table) they definitely need to be either painted or restained, but they're really stable and solid wood!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment